Takachiho B&B UKIGUMO
Owner: Mr. Yasuoshi HINOMIYA
As for the origin of “UKIGUMO”, it was named after the movie “Drifting Clouds”, by Owner Hinomiya’s favorite Finnish director, Aki Kaurismäki.
Mr. Hinomiya has spent a lot of time backpacking, travelling to Seattle in the US, The Hague in the Netherlands and Southeast Asia, and he aspired to manage a B&B/guest house where you could stay for a long time in Takachiro, too. He renovated a Japanese-style guest house that had closed, and it opened in March 2015. It is a guest house incorporating various experiences and ideas gained from his own journey.
It is in a good location, being a 5-minute walk from Takachiho Shrine and 10 minutes away from Takachiho Gorge. With 75% of our customers coming from overseas, and you can enjoy an international exchange with us. It is close to the city center, suitable for walking around at night, and a bar is within walking distance. The toilet is fully equipped with a bidet. Coffee and tea are provided free of charge in the lounge. Supermarkets, drug stores, convenience stores (Family Mart), etc. are nearby, so it is convenient for emergencies. There are no kitchens, but there is a microwave oven in the lounge.
A type : 6-jo (about 11 square meters /107 square feet)
Japanese style room /no toilet/no bath × 1 room
B type : 6-jo (about 11 square meters / 107 square feet )
Japanese style room with toilet/no bath × 2 rooms
C type : 6-jo (about 11 square meters,107 square feet)
Japanese style room with toilet/with bath/with refrigerator × 3 rooms
D type : 8-jo (about 15 square meters,142 square feet)
Japanese style room /with toilet/with bath/with refrigerator × 1 room
C, D type bath/toilet
Interior & Exterior
Information & Pricing
● ¥3,500-¥4,800 per person per night * Breakfast included
● Check in time from 3pm to 10pm | Check out before 10am
● Free Wi-Fi
● Communal shower room available
● All rooms have TV and air conditioning
● Parking spaces for 8 cars and 10 motorcycles and bicycles are available
● All rooms are non-smoking Only outdoors (near the entrance)
● Credit cards accepted (VISA, Mastercard, AMEX, Diners)
● The cancellation fee is 20% when you cancel from 3 days previous to the previous day, 50% on the same day and 100% without notice.
You can now easily book online ! Just click the button below.